Owned and run by the Veronelli family, Leon d’Oro B&B is located in the very heart of Pusiano, within a traditional courtyard shared with several other households, in a typically Italian ensemble of beauty and armony. In a few steps you will be on the shore of Lake Pusiano, a perfect spot to admire enchanting sunrises and sunsets, famously celebrated in poetry and painting by the likes of Giuseppe Parini and Giovanni Segantini.
The beauty of the village and its privileged position at the centre of Lake Como and at the bottom of the slopes and the peaks of the Alps, offer an amazing set of opportunities to sport and nature enthusiasts, from hiking and cycling to canoeing, kayaking, climbing and paragliding.
A little bit of history
Leon d’Oro (Golden Lion) was the name of the hostelry formerly located in the courtyard, whose existence is documented between 1760 and the end of the nineteenth century, in the peak years of nearby Palazzo Beaurnehais; built in the fifteenth by the Marquises Carpani, between 1805 and 1814, during Napoleon’s ruling of Italy, this distinguished mansion belonged to Viceroy Eugène Beauarnehais, who brought to completion its Italian gardens, preserved to this day. It currently houses Pusiano’s town hall and is the centrepoint of the many local cultural activities.
Of the ancient hostelry remains the original wrought iron sign, which hangs today on the wall of the B&B and has given inspiration to its logo.
The choice to preserve the original name is a clear aim to continue the tradition of hospitality of the building.